National Infertility Awareness Week
APRIL 22-28, 2018
National Infertility Awareness Week® (NIAW) is a movement that began in 1989. The goal of NIAW is to raise awareness about the disease of infertility and encourage the public to understand their reproductive health.
RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association founded this movement and continues to work with the professional family building community, corporate partners, and the media to:
- ensure that people trying to conceive know the guidelines for seeing a specialist when they are trying to conceive.
- enhance public understanding that infertility is a disease that needs and deserves attention.
- educate legislators about the disease of infertility and how it impacts people in their state.
In 2010 National Infertility Awareness Week became a federally recognized health observance by the Department of Health and Human Services.
This year, RESOLVE wants to change the conversation around infertility with the “#FliptheScript” campaign!
When it comes to issues around infertility and family building, let’s help the public, media, insurers, healthcare professionals and lawmakers understand:
- The scope of the problem and who is struggling to build a family.
- There are many barriers for millions of people who struggle to build a family. These barriers include: lack of insurance coverage, out-of-pocket costs, faith and religion, sexual orientation, and state and federal laws.
- The impact of infertility is far reaching – it impacts family, friends, co-workers, and employers.
Get Involved with NIAW!
Use the hashtag #FliptheScript and #NIAW on your social media. RESOLVE has posts available for download to make it easy for you to support those who face the challenges of infertility. Make sure you follow and tag RESOLVE wherever you post.
Enter our Raffle
In recognition of National Infertility Awareness Week, RSCNJ is giving one self-pay patient a Free IUI Cycle. To enter the raffle, all you have to do is like our Facebook page and send us a private message with your name, email address, and phone number between April 22 and April 28, 2018. (The IUI cycle will include initial consult and monitoring; medication and diagnostic testing not included.) The winner will have through the end of 2018 to claim or use the cycle.